WELCOME TO LINTON ZOO
Hadstock Road, Linton, Cambridgeshire, CB21 4NT. Telephone: 01223 891308
For the latest news and cute pictures faster, follow us on
EXPERIENCED ZOO KEEPER - special interest mammals
Linton Zoo Conservation Park currently has a full-time permanent keeper position available for an experienced, highly motivated, reliable and enthusiastic individual. This position is for someone with a special interest in mammals to assist in the care of our fantastic range of mammals including; tapir, binturong, lemurs, tamarin, porcupine, wallabies and some Category 1 species which may include zebra, lions, tiger and snow leopards. As members of BIAZA and EAZA many of the species are part of European Breeding Programmes.
Applicants must have a minimum of 2 years prior experience paid work with mammals species within a zoological environment. The successful candidate will also be responsible for the day-to-day animal husbandry of a range of other species including birds, reptiles and invertebrates.
This is a physically demanding role which requires kneeling, crawling, climbing etc. and the ability to lift heavy food, straw bales etc. in varying weather conditions. The successful candidate will be expected to work to a flexible rota as necessary to include weekends, Public holidays and occasional evenings. Holidays should be taken off season.The applicant must be flexible about their duties within the zoo and should be prepared to be involved in all aspects of animal care associated with the daily, safe and smooth running of a family owned and managed conservation and education park with a diverse collection of animals. There will be the opportunity to advance to a senior position for the right candidate.
- be hard working, conscientious and uphold high standards of animal husbandry and welfare.
- have good attention to detail and a consistent level of work standard is essential
- have patience! animals – like humans – may not do what you want when you want them to
- have the ability to work both individually or as part of a team and have excellent communication skills
- be proficient in public speaking or have the confidence to learn
- be willing to assist with other areas of the park, including tours, educational presentations, general maintenance and upkeep of public areas and the supervision and training of trainee keepers
- have ideally completed the DMZAA course or hold an equivalent qualification,
- have a broad knowledge of husbandry practices, an understanding of Zoo licence regulations and a minimum of 2 years working in a similar role
- have a full driving licence and car
If you would like the chance to join our great team, please download an application form and send this with a covering letter and CV to Kim Simmons, Linton Zoo, Hadstock Road, Linton, Cambridgeshire CB21 4NT or email to email@example.com stating any previous experience and availability.
Please note: we will be reviewing applications and conducting interviews throughout the advertised period for this role. The role may therefore be filled prior to the closing date so we would encourage you to submit your application form as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Due to the number of applications we receive we are only able to respond to candidates
who are successful through to the interview stage.
You may also be interested in...
Can't find exactly what you're looking for, download a general vacancy application form
We are members of the following: