WELCOME TO LINTON ZOO
Hadstock Road, Linton, Cambridgeshire, CB21 4NT. Telephone: 01223 891308
For the latest news and cute pictures faster, follow us on
SENIOR ZOO KEEPER - full time
Linton Zoo Conservation Park currently has a full-time permanent keeper position available for an experienced, highly motivated, reliable and enthusiastic individual. The applicant must be flexible about their duties within the zoo and should be prepared to be involved in all aspects of animal care associated with the daily, safe and smooth running of a family owned and managed conservation and education park with a diverse collection of animals.
This is a physically demanding role which requires kneeling, crawling, climbing etc. and the ability to lift heavy food, straw bales etc. in varying weather conditions. The successful candidate will be expected to work to a flexible rota as necessary to include weekends, Public holidays and occasional evenings. Holidays should be taken off season.
- must be hard working, conscientious and uphold high standards of animal husbandry and welfare
- must have the ability to lead but also work as part of a team and have excellent communication skills. Attention to detail and consistent work standards are essential
- should be proficient in public speaking or have the confidence to learn
- must be willing to assist with other areas of the park, including tours, educational presentations, general maintenance and upkeep of public areas and the supervision and training of trainee keepers
- should ideally have completed the DMZAA course or hold an equivalent qualification
- should have a broad knowledge of husbandry practices, an understanding of Zoo licence regulations and a minimum of 2 years paid work in a similar role
- must have proven experience of working with large mammals and other Category 1 species
- are expected to work to a flexible rota as necessary to include weekends and Public holidays
- should have a full driving licence and car.
If you would like the chance to join our great team, please download an application form and send this with a covering letter and CV to Kim Simmons, Linton Zoo, Hadstock Road, Linton, Cambridgeshire CB21 4NT or email to email@example.com stating any previous experience and availability.
Please note: we will be reviewing applications and conducting interviews throughout the advertised period for this role. The role may therefore be filled prior to the closing date so we would encourage you to submit your application form as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Due to the number of applications we receive we are only able to respond to candidates
who are successful through to the interview stage.
You may also be interested in...
Can't find exactly what you're looking for, download a general vacancy application form
We are members of the following: